If you are researching your next inshore boat and looking for the best in quality with an established reputation, Chittum Skiffs is going to come on your radar. Owned by Hell’s Bay Co-founder, Hal Chittum, the Chittum line of technical poling skiffs offer an exciting array of options built upon proven skiff designs. As you’ll see in this feature, Chittum continues to innovate with new materials and methods in an endless pursuit of lightweight, high performance perfection.
The Islamorada 18 Laguna Madre 2.0 Edition uses all of the same materials and construction methods as the Islamorada 18 Legacy and Performance Editions. This includes carbon fiber in the major parts: hull, deck, liner and hatches as standard. You won’t find this with any other builder due to it’s difficulty to master and cost. Chittum goes the extra mile for their clients and makes full use of their experience with these materials.
The Laguna Madre 2.0 Edition offers a lighter lamination to reduce weight and cost. This lighter version is rated for a 50HP. Center and side consoles are currently available. Coming soon is also a new deck for a tiller model. The tiller deck will have 12″ cut out of the back part. This skiff was designed for the Texas waters but it has uses in many parts of the world. It comes with a tunnel, jack plate, cavitation plate, taller platform, custom prop and a jack plate switch on the shifter.
CAPT. GEORGE SAWLEY
- Same Patented and proven hull design with massive high volume built in spray rails, a staggered split chine below the waterline for silent poling and a radiused transom. No sponsons.
- Offered in two hull forms: the 12-degree and 2-degree SS (Super Shallow) dead rise.
- Standard engine is the all new 50 HP Tohatsu 4 stroke with stainless steel prop, premium shifter.
- Custom Galvanized Trailer with walk board. Three galvanized wheels, Goodyear radial trailer tires and LED lights.
- Center console with storage for up to four 12-volt batteries and SS knot tying ring . Optional side console at no extra charge.
- Gelcoat finish with choice of six standard colors.
- Oversized hatch gutters with rubber gaskets.
- SeaStar hydraulic steering with high-speed 3.5 lock to lock steering
- Stainless steel 13” Edson steering wheel with ball bearing suicide knob, black or silver.
- One large dry storage box aft with easy access lockable hatches, accessible from boat or trailer.
- Large dry storage under forward deck.
- All hatches fitted with Gemlux 316 stainless steel flush mounted twist lock tension latches, Gemlux 316 stainless steel flush mounted hinges and stainless steel gas shocks.
- Carbon fiber high capacity rod racks under gunnels with 10 large diameter flush fly rod tubes running forward. Cockpit sides and rod racks covered in water resistant Marine Mat.
- 23/21-gallon fully baffled marine aluminum fuel tank.
- 4.5-gallon bait well with drain aft port side.
- Poling platform anodized aluminum with SeaDek pad.
- LED lights in all compartment lockers/hatches/console/bait wells/under gunnels.
- Billet Stainless Steel LED shark-eye navigation lights by Livorski. LED stern light.
- Stiffy push pole holders.
- Engine manufactures fuel filter/water separator.
- Console Switches, Rocker or Toggle In Custom Carbon Fiber CNC cut Bezel.
- Trim Tab Rocker Switches in Custom Carbon Fiber CNN cut Bezel.
- 12-volt Optima battery with on/off switch in console.
- 1100 GPH Rule bilge pump, with Ultra automatic switch.
- Lectrotab 316 Stainless Steel 12”x 12” trim tabs.
- Heavy Duty Black Rub Rail.
- 316 SS Bow and Stern eyes
- All wiring is of highest quality / tinned with heat shrink connectors
All Chittum Skiffs are water tested and triple checked before delivery.
The options on Chittum Skiffs are truly some of the most versatile in the industry…check these out:
- Carbon Fiber System
- Includes, carbon fiber clear coated, transom, under sides of all hatches, console, live well, transom toughers, drain box, poling platform pad and rigging flanges. Also extensive use of carbon fiber in the overall structure of the skiff.
- Custom Aluminum and Stainless Steel Ram-Lin Trailer with walk board, three aluminum wheels on Goodyear radial trailer tires and LED lights.
- Trailer Power Winch
- Removable Tongue
- Swing Tongue
- Sleeved Tongue “McMillian”
- 2 Custom Consoles options
- Low profile small cooler seat
- Hi profile large capacity cooler/ 24 gallon livewell
- SPIDER Casting Platform with turnbuckle One or two piece construction, anodized aluminum top with SeaDek pad.
- Forward Casting Platform with turnbuckle – 2 sizes large or small, anodized aluminum top with SeaDek
- Poling Platform with step
- Two-Tone Color Upgrade on deck, cockpit and lids
- Lectrotab 316 Stainless Steel Mirror Polished 12”x 12” trim tabs
- Second bilge pump Rule 1100 and Ultra automatic switch
- Flush Mounted Pull-Up Cleat
- Tibor Push Pole Holder
- Tibor Pole Caddy
- Wang Anchor System
- Black Deck Hardware Package
- Custom Nautical Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Tilt Helm
- Under Console Helm
- 12 Volt Outlet In Console
- Console Vertical Rod Rack (2-3 Rods-PVC)
- Console Vertical Rod Rack (3 Rods-Aluminum)
- Aft Rod tubes
- Livorsi Racing Controls
- Latham Racing Controls
- Livorsi Racing Gauge Package
- Ritchie Flush-Mount Compass
- GPS Option,
- Simrad 7″ or “9
- Garmin 7″ or 9
- Ray Marine 7′ or 9″
- Thru Hull Transducer w/ water temperature and depth
- Transom Mount Transducer w/ water temperature and depth
- VHF Icom Radio
- Stereo System
- Custom Carbon Push Pole up to 24′
- Marine Metal Products Live well Air-stone
- Tower Mount Clamp-On Rod Holder
- Reinforced Pad Eyes (4) Lifting Systems For Yacht Davits
- Bow Towing Eye
- Power Pole
- Power Pole Micro
- Seat Cushion Set, 3 Piece or sold separate.
- Large Aft Seat
- Back Rest
- Cooler Seat
- Cooler Tie downs SS
12-24-36 Volt Trolling System/Custom Installations
- Relion Lithium Ion Batteries 12 – 24 – 36 volt options for starting and trolling motor.
- Marine Deep-Cycle Odyssey PC 1200 Batteries
- Custom Battery Charging system, Heavy Duty Plug, Wire & Receptacle,
- 50 Amp Heavy Duty Circuit Breaker
- Custom Made-to-Order Skiff Cover
CAPT. GEORGE SAWLEY