If you’ve been in the skiff game or follow inshore fishing boats, you’ve seen the emergence of the Micro skiff (anything 14′ or less) as a top choice for fishing in the backcountry where silently stalking fish in shallow water is required. The HCraft is a relative newcomer that has taken the fit & finish of a premium skiff builder to the micro skiff trend.
The HCraft Skiff’s hull is based from the old Pelican Ambush molds but with modern improvements and fit & finish that you’d expect from a $60,000 boat builder. They’ve developed a unique system of hand-crafted hand-laid fiberglass and vacuum infused construction to make the best of both construction methods.
This HCraft Skiff boasts a 45″ beam (width) and 13′ long which makes it ideal for paddleboarding but with a power option to get you places normally impossibe by pure paddle power. There are a dizzying array of options and features that further add comfort to the angler. Closed cell foam adds buoyancy and makes this boat unsinkable even if you cut it in half.
HCraft Skiff Specifications:
- LOA: 13′
- Beam: 45″
- Composite Hull
- Integrated Engine Mount
- Single Engine (1x 15HP)
- Rigid Closed Cell Buoyancy Foam Through Hull Cavities
- SS pop cleat
- SS bow “D” Ring
- Transom “D” Rind x2
- Bow Storage Locker
- Seat/Gas Rank Storage Option
- Molded Anti-slip Surface Throughout Skiff
- Rubbing Rail
HCraft Skiff Options:
- Custom Colors
- Custom Rod Holders
- Alternative Seat
HCraft Skiff HP Requirements:
- Max 15HP 2-Stroke (Would you really want to go faster?)
As you can see below, every conceivable luxury comfort has been considered for this unique skiff. The Dizzying array of colors are also really cool.
Here is a Price List of Options (2017 Prices) for the HCraft Skiff:
- White Base Hull $5,055
- GalvanizedTrailer $950
- Garmin EcoMap 54CV/Lowrance Hook 5DS $750
- Deep Cycle AGM Battery w/ Box $185
- Grab Rail w/ Fiberglass Storage Box, Vinyl Seat &
- Back Rest w/ 2 Rod-holders $920
- Grab Rail with Open Seat Frame, Vinyl Seat &
- Back Rest with 6 Rod-holders $1,095
- Hull Bottom or Top Color $460
- Hull Bottom & Top Deck Color $690
- Stainless Steel Pop-up Cleats ( 2 Stern) $175
- Shallow Water Anchor Kit: $200
- SeaDek-Half $575
- SeaDek-Full $850
- Rear Casting Platform $635
- Carbon Marine® Push Pole 13’9” $405
The U.S. has a single dealer at time of this article, South Florida Boat Center.
Address:19606 Southwest 69th Place Pembroke Pines, Florida 33332
Hours: 9:00 – 5:30 Monday – Friday
Phone: +1 (954) 993-3268
The company requires a 40% deposit with balance due on delivery.
Here is a great video showing the maneuverability and hole-shot on the HCraft Skiff. What a blast this skiff must be to run!